Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pillow Paralysis

Dear blogosphere,
Help!  I am a long-time sufferer of pillow paralysis.  That's right, that's a real bona-fide disease (in my mind at least).  The symptoms:  pillow envy, pillow planning, pillow shopping, followed by acute inability to commit to said pillows.  Argh!!


See, I love the idea of mixing and matching different colors, patterns, textures of pillows on my sofa.  I've pinned dozens of beautiful images on my Pinterest page.  Every blog article I read that provides links to the source of their pillows is clicked by me.  I even go so far as to place loads of pillows in various online shopping carts.  Almost immediately, though, I have second thoughts and doubts begin to creep in.  Is this the right pillow for me.  Will I love it once I have it in my hands.  Will it love me back (wait, different post...).  Will Mr. Nice love it (ok, I'll admit he probably won't notice until I prompt him).  Ahhhhhh I drive myself crazy over pillows.


Why oh why can't I just choose a few and live with them?!


I think I know what the problem is....there are too many lovely shades, shapes and colors out there, and I don't know who I am, pillow-wise.


Am I cool and chic as shown above?  Or do I want that elusive mix of patterns that don't match, but go with each other.  What a dilemma!

Can anyone recommend a good pillow therapist?

xo
d.


No comments:

Post a Comment