Thursday, March 21, 2013

A Little Extra Something

A little extra something has recently started following me around.  It's annoying.  It's unwelcome.  It's name is five extra pounds.  Oh how I wish it would just leave me alone!

I blame myself (I mean really, who else could I blame?).  Since the holidays I've become a real slave to my desk.  I've convinced myself that if I'm away for an hour the world will blow up.  It's my excuse to forgo working out during the day, and in the evenings I'm worn out from sitting at my desk all day (and from NOT exercising) so I veg on the couch.



So today, I decided that my five new little frenemies need to be banished.  I started the day right - 45 minutes of cardio and 2 large glasses of water (because it's good for you, and because it's the other thing I've stopped doing since working from home).  Lunch will be a salad, and dinner something light. That's the other thing I'm horrible at - planning meals (ironic, since I'm an event planner!).  So in addition to taking time away from the desk for exercise today, I also plan to take a trip to the market for groceries (gasp!).

(the inspiration photo - healthy!)  via

I'd love to hear how you deal with those extra pounds that seemingly come out of nowhere!

Have a great (healthy) day!
xo
d.


No comments:

Post a Comment